Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I think I'm ready!!!

I must admit, thus far in the course I have been very intrigued and genuinely excited to be emerged into the world of mythology, but also feeling a little lost, a bit overwhelmed and quiet honestly very intimidated by the majority of the blogs and the insight most of the class shares.  Being very new to mythology, blogging and college literature as a whole has kept me from really diving in.  I have a bit more confidence now and a better understanding of the assignments.  I think I was over-thinking them and adding that to my intimidation pretty much kept me from moving forward.  So, here goes........

Sentences - Book I
TheCreation:
It seems there is a bit of confusion, at least vagueness of where exactly man came from which seems strange being the creation of everything else is very clear.  "Then man was born.  Either the Architect of All, the author of the universe, in order to beget a better world, created man from seed divine - OR else Prometheus, son of Iapetus, made man by mising new-made easrth with fresh rainwater."  HUH?  They seem so sure of everything else??

Lycaon:
I was again very intrigued with the description of the Milky Way in Lycaon.  I spent a wonerful night at my Aunts cabin this summer looking at a very clear Milky Way this summer so I was excited to see the reference to it in book one.  Here it is described to be a "high road that can be seen when heaven is serene:" That is exactly what I thougth this summer looking at it, that heaven, and I were very serene.

The Flood:  It all  seems so familiar, again, born and raised and still a practicing catholic.  So it was Jove who did all of this?? Who knew??

Deucalion and Pyrrha:  Again, what happened to Noah?  I don't recall Noah had a mate on the ark?  At least Deucalion had a date!

Apollo and Daphne:  How sweet that he still loves her after she becomes a tree.  Since you can't  be my wife, you'll be my tree!  I think in many relationships, your spouse is your tree.  Amen. I'm lovin this stuff!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment