Thursday, December 9, 2010

Presentations: December 7, 2010

First of all let me post my own paper.  With that said, I would like to add that this class and writing this paper was tremendously enlightening to me.  To realize just what I had lost by burying my head and shunning that which I knew nothing about.  Without being weird, I can honestly say that my life is much richer and this experience has been of more value than simply becoming aware of mythology.  I have a clear appreciation for what I have left behind.  Years ago when I was younger, I loved to read.  Did it alot.  Than as I became older and busier and let the outside struggles of life take over, I hate to say that I don't think I have sat down and read a book that was not assigned or required for years.  Again, I hate to admit that.  I always felt that I was much too busy, too tired, too stressed.......This class has made me realize that there is nothing more therapeutical than curling up with a good book.  It is better than beer, more relaxing than tossing and turning and trying to sleep and the best part is it makes you grow, learn and live a better life.  Now, when I am stressed, I will grab a good book and sit down and read for a bit.  Go on a personal vacation.  I missed reading and appreciate what avoiding it has done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment