Thursday, December 9, 2010

Class Presentations - December 7, 2010

I will preface this by saying that I am awed by the intellect of the people in this class.  It is daunting, and bery overwhelming at times for a dolt like me to be surrounded by, yet inspiring and entertaining as well. 

Taylor:  Henderson is not in touch with reality.  In dream time - the real  past.  He is forever trying to get back to his own beginning.  Hero aspect.  Horn of plenty, and the beginning is the end. 

"You cant get away from the rythm"  page  329 Henderson - read that part over

Melinda:  "What I already knew and learned to remember" Bravo!!! 

Doulas:  Homeopathy, symbolism of the umbrella.  Sorry, this is where my ignorance kicks in, some of these were too deep for me to put into words here.  Well done, I'm just not very bright. 

Stormie:  Did not like Henderson at all!  The person, not necessarily the book.  Felt that if Henderson had been familiar with The Golden Bough, he would not have gotten himself into so much trouble!  Amen! 

Sarah Knox - Four Quartets.  Henderson suffered so much and had a very slow and painful enlightenment.  I love the way she summed that up! 

Sally:  What I learned - Eschatology.  The world is ending, realized eschatology.  Well done. 

Corrin:  Henerson as the Phoenix.  Adonis and Aphrodite, my favorite quote - "The heart and the groin don't have alot of difference:"  Brilliant.  Another one that was hard for me to summarize. 

Mayan:  Compared her life to myth.  Spoke of how personal obstacles (depression) will be easier to deal with the her appreciation of myth. 

Jase:  Focused on the "I want, I want" 

Curtis:  Focused on modern day advertising and the connection with mythology:  Nike - agility, speed - Arachne as an expample of state sponsored art.  Loved it. 

David:  Departure, initiation and return. Henderson had a call to adventure. 

I apologize if my interpretations are terribly limited by my ignorance.   The presentations were all wonderful, enlightening and inspiring.  It is awesome to appreciate the intellect all around me!  Thank you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment